Whether you’ve never made bread or are an experienced baker, you can and should make this delicious, savory, gluten-yeast-free Vegan Provencal Bread. It will take about 1 hour of your time, will taste amazing and you can eat it while it’s warm or enjoy it with a hearty soup and salad for lunch or dinner!
You can also enjoy this delicious bread with a creamy herbed vegan cheese, olives and radishes (healthy afternoon snack), with Savory Artichoke Pesto or Pistou de Roquette (arugula pesto), avocado and tomato (quick lunch), Romesco Spread, Red Pepper & Green Ollive Tapenade and much more.
This wonderful bread with your own personalized packaging, label (such as mine) and a jar of any of the above spreads will make delicious culinary gifts too!
So, let’s get started with the recipe!
Prep time 15 minutes
Bake time 45 minutes
1 Cup cornmeal flour
1 Cup oat, chickpea or millet flour (the combination of cornmeal flour and any of these flours will turn the bread into a wonderful texture)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 Tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. dried herbes de Provence
1 Tsp. flax seeds
2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
1/4 Cup and 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or room temperature water
A few additional pumpkin and black sesame seeds for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F (this will take about 10 minutes and enough time to get the bread mixture together).
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
3. Add in almond milk or water, extra virgin olive oil; mix them with a fork until the dough mixture forms a very thick pour batter.
4. Grease a 9 x 5 inch baking pan with 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, pour the dough mixture, evenly spread out and make sure it´s in a flat layer.
5. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese, a few pumpkin and black sesame seeds on the dough mixture.
6. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the top is golden and bread is perfectly baked.
7. Remove the bread from oven, transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
8. Run a thin knife around the edge of the bread to loosen it, turn the pan upside down to remove the bread.
9. Place the bread on a cutting board, slice and enjoy.
Chef Ellie Lavender
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Copyright © 2021 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.