Greetings Tapenade Lovers!
You'll love making and enjoying this Savory Roasted Red Pepper & Green Olive Vegan Tapenade, a Provençal (southeastern France) delicious condiment. This flavorful condiment (traditionally, made with anchovies, but in this recipe substituted with roasted hazelnuts) is very easy to make with ingredients you most probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
You can enjoy this delicious Savory Tapenade (vegan and for nut-free version, skip the hazelnuts) with crusty breads, baguettes, gourmet crackers, slather it into a panini with a slice of vegan cheese, on sandwich breads with mixed greens or arugula, in pasta salads, on polenta, roasted fingerling potatoes, grilled cauliflower steak, asparagus, eggplant, stuff Portobello mushrooms and much more. You can also make a beautiful Vegan Hors D’oeuvres Platter with a bowl of this delicious tapenade.
So, let’s get started with this simple and delicious recipe!
Ingredient (serving size 8):
One jar (12 oz.) roasted red bell pepper, drained and chopped. Or you can roast two large peppers, see instructions below
1/2 Cup Picholine olives (small green olives, originated in Gard, Southern France), pitted
2 garlic clove, peeled & smashed
1/4 Cup capers (drained)
1/4 Cup fresh marjoram leaves
1/4 Cup fresh oregano leaves
1/4 Cup fresh thyme leaves
1/2 Tsp. pepper corns
1/3 Cup olive oil
1 Cup roasted skin removed hazelnuts. Or you can roast a cup, see instructions below
1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice & 1 tsp. lemon rinds
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a baking sheet roast hazelnuts in one layer in middle of oven 10-12 minutes until skins are blistered. Remove hazelnuts from oven, cover with paper towel, let steam 2-3 minute, rub in the paper towel to remove skins, pic. 1 and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Place roasted hazelnuts in a food processor, pic 2 and pulse until coarsely chopped, pic.
4. Add first 10 ingredients to the chopped hazelnuts in the food processor, pic. 4 and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse texture, pic. 5
5. Add lemon juice & rinds, pic. 6, and pulse 3 more times, pic.7
6. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to blend the flavors.
Savory Roasted Red Pepper & Green Olive Tapenade in a Jar as a Gift - This flavorful condiment makes a delicious culinary gift for family and friends too.
Happy Delicious Eating!
Chef Ellie Lavender
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Copyright © 2020 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.