Finding a sanctuary in our modern world isn't always easy. Many of us work at home, or take work home from the office. Lots of us share spaces with significant others or family members, so turning down the volume of life at home isn't always easy.
To create a place to unwind, you must eliminate the stuck energy, otherwise known as clutter! So your mind and body can feel at ease and fully release the stresses of the day.
Living rooms are considered a common space to relax and rejuvenate. Therefore, it should be clutter-free, organized, pleasant and inviting.
You can easily create a place of joy, comfort, relaxation, and rejuvenation by applying these very simple and practical Feng Shui enhancements to your living room:
- Declutter - Remove, recycle, donate, trash, sell, do whatever is needed to remove items you don't need, use or even like. Clutter generates negative energy and has a direct impact on your physical and emotional well-being. Start decluttering now!
- Find a good view - If you have a great view of nature or the city, leave your blinds or curtains open to bring that expansive view inside. If you don't have a view, you can create one with a great piece of art.
- Appeal to your senses - Explore aromatherapy such as essential oil diffusers and even pure incense to flood the air with layers of sensory goodness.
- Add more nature - Nature is the ultimate relaxation nirvana. Add plants, fresh flowers and bring more nature into your living room.
- Rearrange your furniture – Furniture are not permanent fixtures and can be easily rearranged. Move them around to increase energy flow and remove furniture that have no use or purpose in your living room. While you are at it, get rid of cracked and broken furniture, lamps, smelly rugs, etc.
Lastly, have fun with the process and make a habit of
reinventing your living room at least once a year!
Certified Feng Shui Practitioner
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Copyright © 2020 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.