You’ll love making and enjoying this delicious, easy and yeast-free Herbed Garlic Naan Bread and Savory Fattoush Salad bursting with flavors of tangy rainbow cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, radishes, little gem lettuce leaves, fresh herbes de Provence, Violife Foods vegan Feta cheese and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing!
As with most of my vegan Mediterranean recipes, I love to add a Provençal twist when it enhances the flavor and these two recipes are no exceptions. The aroma of naan bread made with dried herbes de Provence and the flavor of Fattoush salad with fresh herbes de Provence are simply amazing!
So, let’s get started with the recipes!
Naan Ingredients & Instructions
1 1/2 Cups whole grains, spelt or chickpea flour for gluten-free version
1/2 Tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tsp. dried herbes de Provence
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3/4 Cup unsweetened almond milk or water
1/2 Cup chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, oregano, chives & marjoram
2 Garlic cloves, peeled & finely minced
1. Over medium-heat in a skillet pan add 2 tbsp. olive oil, finely minced garlic and chopped fresh herbes de Provence, sautee them for a few minutes, until garlic is caramelized and herbs are crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. In a bowl, Combine all dry ingredients and whisk together.
4. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes, then divide it into 8 equal pieces.
5. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Roll one piece of dough until very thin (less than 1/8’). If the skillet isn’t non-stick, melt some butter before each piece. One at a time, cook the naan for about 1 minute and half or until parts browning, on each side. When they are done, arrange them on a platter and sprinkle the caramelized garlic and fried herbs mixture.
1/3 Cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Garlic clove finely minced or put through garlic grater
1 Tsp. dried tarragon
1/2 Tsp. sea salt
1/2 Tsp. ground sumac spice
3/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until the salt is completely dissolved. Pour the mixture into a pint size Mason jar, close lid and set aside for an hour for the flavors to blend.
1 Cup rainbow cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Cups chopped English cucumber
5 Scallions thinly sliced
1 Little gem lettuce or baby romaine lettuce
5 Radishes thinly sliced
1 Small orange bell pepper, cubed
1 Small yellow bell pepper, cubed
1/2 Cup fresh herbes de Provence such as oregano, thyme and marjoram
1 /2 Cup vegan feta cheese, cubed
1. Separate little gem lettuce leaves, wash and drain in a salad spinner to remove excess water.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss with two spatulas and set aside.
3. In a large serving platter, arrange little gem lettuce leaves around the edge. You can also use some of radishes leaves.
4. Transfer Fattoush salad in the center of the serving platter.
6. Pour salad dressing on Fattoush salad right before serving it to keep the ingredients crunchy.
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
Lavender Design + Cuisine
on upcoming chocolate, culinary & wine pairing classes, and special events!
Copyright © 2020 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.