Greetings Pesto Lovers!
You’ll love making and enjoying this delicious Savory Artichoke Pesto in pasta, risotto, polenta, soups, as pizza sauce, on tart crust with veggies and grated parmesan cheese, on flatbread with mixed greens, chopped tomatoes, olives and capers, in paninis with a slice of vegan cheese, with gourmet crackers, crusty breads and baguettes crostini and much more!
So, let’s get started with the recipe!
A bunch of fresh cilantro
3 Garlic cloves peeled & chopped
1 Jar (6.5 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts
1 Meyer lemon juice & rinds
2/3 Cup olive oil
A pinch of sea salt
1. Lightly toast almond slivers in a skillet and set aside to cool.
2. Pour the jar of marinated artichoke hearts into a colander and press down with a spatula to get the liquid out and then, finely mince them, pic. 1.
3. Cut cilantro stems by 2-3 inches, wash and drain in a salad spinner to remove excess water. Next, do a rough chop, pic. 2.
4. Place toasted almond slivers in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, pic.3
4. Add cilantro and garlic to the almond slivers in the food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse texture, pic.4.
5. Pour the mixture into a flat bowl, add minced artichoke, lemon juice & rinds, sea salt and olive oil, pic.5 and toss with two spoons until well blended, pic. 6.
6. Enjoy your delicious pesto right away or refrigerate it in an airtight jar for up to 1 week.
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
Lavender Design + Cuisine
on upcoming chocolate, culinary & wine pairing classes and special events!
Copyright © 2020 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.