Artichoke Pesto, Capers, Heirloom Tomatoes,
Olives & French Radishes Crostini
Artichoke Pesto Crostini & Beaujolais Wine
Artichoke Pesto with Crusty Seeded Baguette
Artichoke Pesto in a Jar as a gift
Roughly Chopped Cilantro
Cilantro in a Salad Spinner
Cilantro Stems Removed
Minced Marinated Artichoke Hearts
Drained Marinated Artichoke Hearts
Marinated Artichoke Hearts in a Jar
Meyer Lemon Rinds
Greetings Pesto Lovers!
You’ll love making and enjoying this delicious Savory Artichoke Pesto. This flavorful vegan pesto can be used in pasta, risotto, soups, on polenta, pizza or tart crust with veggies and shaved vegan cheese, on flatbread with mixed greens, chopped tomatoes & capers, in paninis with a slice of vegan cheese, with gourmet crackers, crusty breads and baguettes crostini and much more. So, let’s get started with this simple and delicious recipe!
1 Cup almond slivers
A bunch of fresh cilantro
4 Garlic cloves peeled & chopped
1 Jar (6.5 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts
1 Meyer lemon juice & rinds
2/3 Cup olive oil
A pinch of sea salt
A pinch of sea salt
1. Lightly toast almond slivers in a skillet and set aside to cool.
2. Cut cilantro stems by 2-3 inches, wash and drain in a salad spinner to remove excess water. Next, do a rough chop. See pics above.
3. Pour the jar of marinated artichoke hearts into a colander and press down with a spatula to get the liquid out. Next, finely mince them, see pics above.
4. Place toasted almond slivers in a food processor, pic.1 and pulse until coarsely chopped, pic.2
4. Add cilantro and garlic to the almond slivers in the food processor, pic.3 and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse texture, pic.4
5. Pour the mixture into a flat bowl, add minced artichoke, lemon juice & rinds, sea salt and olive oil, pic.5 and mix with two spoons until well blended, pic. 6.
6. You can enjoy your delicious pesto right away or refrigerate it in an airtight jar for up to 1 week.
Savory Artichoke Pesto in a Jar as a Gift - This flavorful pesto makes a delicious gift for family and friends. Just put it in a beautiful jar and leave in on their porch, patio, garden table, etc. This way you’ll avoid any types of contacts while spreading love and joy!
Happy Delicious Eating!
Chef Ellie Lavender
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
on upcoming chocolate, culinary & wine pairing classes and special events!
Copyright © 2020 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.