So let’s get started with the recipe!
Ingredients (serving size 6):
1 Cup cornmeal flour
1/2 Tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. dried herbes de Provence
1/4 Cup extra olive oil
2/3 Cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Add flours, sea salt, baking powder and herbes de Provence in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix on the lowest setting with the dough hook attachment 2-3 times.
3. Add olive oil and water to dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Knead the mixture on the lowest setting with the dough hook attachment until it forms a round shape dough, 3-5 minutes, pic. 1 (if you do not have a stand mixer, follow steps 2 & 3, mix the ingredients with a hand mixer until it forms a round shape dough).
4. Transfer the dough on a floured surface, roll out the dough and shape by hands into a large rectangle until the dough is about 1/2-inch thick.
5. Transfer the dough on a flat baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake it in the middle rack oven for 35-40 minutes until the crust is golden.
6. Remove the dough from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
1 Cup rainbow cherry tomatoes
1 Tsp. capers
1/3 Cup green olives
1/4 Tsp. dried herbes de Provence
1 Tsp. extra olive oil
A pinch of sea salt
2. Add olive oil, herbes de Provence, sea salt to halved cherry tomatoes and gently toss them
3. Spread a generous layer of Artichoke Pesto or Pistou de Roquette on the Focaccia and then arrange the halved cherry tomatoes, olives and capers, pic. 2.
You can enjoy this delicious Focaccia by itself, with a cup of soup or salad for lunch or dinner and even for breakfast with a cup of espresso and much more!
Chef Ellie Lavender
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Join my network on Facebook & Instagram to receive recipes
on upcoming chocolate, culinary & wine pairing classes, and special events!
Copyright © 2021 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.