Greetings Hummus Lovers!
Delicious roasted rainbow carrots and garam masala spice make this hummus simply divine. So many ways to enjoy this delicious hummus, with crackers, as spread on veggie wraps, sandwiches, flatbread with mixed greens or arugula and even as a creamy pasta sauce.
Kids would love it too and it’s a great way to add veggies such as carrots in their foods.
You can also, put it a jar and give it to family and friends as a delicious culinary gift!
Ingredients (serving size 6):
2 Cups cooked garbanzo beans (from cans or home-cooked)
3 Garlic cloves
1/2 Tsp. garam masala spice
1/2 Tsp. ground cumin
1/3 Tsp. Sea salt
4 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Tbsp. Meyer lemon juice
1/2 Tsp. Meyer lemon rinds
1. Trim off carrots tops, peel, wash, pad dry with paper towel and chop them into 2’ pieces.
2. In a bowl toss chopped carrots with 2 tbsp. olive oil, sea salt, ground cumin. Next, spread them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, roast at 400 pre-heated oven for 20 minutes and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans if using cans.
4. Crush garlic cloves on a cutting board and remove skins.
5. Place roasted rainbow carrots, garbanzo beans, garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, Meyer lemon juice and garam masala spice in a food processor and process until the mixture becomes creamy.
5. Put the hummus in a bowl, garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of garam masala and a few Meyer lemon rinds.
This decadent hummus is wonderful by itself, but even better with a glass of beautifully aged red wine!
Copyright © 2021 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.