It’s almost Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re spending it with your sweetie, celebrating with your friends, or planning the perfect 'Me Day' – nothing says Love like making a lavender-infused gift with your own creative hands.
Madeleines, the Classic French Tea Cakes are baked in special molds that give them a delicate shell shape. The name 'Madeleine' was given to these delightful tea cakes by Louis XV to honor his father in law's cook, Madeleine Paulmier.
Madeleines infused with organic culinary lavender and Meyer lemon are delicious, easy to make and they’ll make a beautiful Valentine’s Day gift too. Delightful by themselves, but even better when dunked into coffee, espresso or dessert wine.
Culinary Lavender Tip: always use high grade organic culinary lavender.
Ingredients: Makes 12 Madeleines
2 Tbsp. almond flour
1/3 cup unsalted vegan butter
1 Tsp. fresh Meyer lemon juice
1 Tsp. Meyer lemon zest
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tsp. organic culinary lavender (finely chopped)
1/3 cup almond milk
2. Butter and flour the madeleines mold.
4. In a bowl with an electric mixer at high speed beat pastry flour, almond flour, sugar, almond milk, lemon juice and melted butter until the mixture is creamy.
6. Place 1 Tbsp. of the batter into each mold.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes until madeleines are golden and the tops spring back when gently pressed with your fingertip.
8. Use tip of a perry knife to loosen the madeleines from pan if necessary, transfer them on a cooling rack and set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes before enjoying them.
9. For packaging as gifts, let the madeleines cool for at least one hour.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
Lavender Design + Cuisine
on upcoming chocolate, culinary & wine pairing classes, and special events!
Copyright © 2018 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.