The beauty of homemade soups is that you can play around with the Ingredients to your liking. I use a varieties of seasonal vegetables and fruits when making soups!
You can enjoy this delicious Tangy Creamy Butternut Squash, D ‘Anjou Red Pear and Ginger Soup hot or cold. In this recipe, pears are roasted to sweet perfection with butternut squash and pureed to create a creamy soup that gets a beautiful garnish of crushed pistachios and a drizzle of olive oil. The flavor is amazing!
Ingredients (serving size 4):
2 cups butternut squash, pic 1
1 cup d'anjou red pears, pic 1
2 tbsp. Meyer lemon juice, pic. 3
1 tbsp. Meyer lemon rind, pic. 4
1 1/2 tbsp. grated fresh ginger, Pic. 4
1/2 cup hazelnut milk, pic. 6
1. Cut butternut squash in half, remove seeds, peel skins and chop into medium size cubes, Pic.1
2. Cut pears in half, remove core and chop into medium size cubes, Pic.1
3. Roast butternut squash and pear with olive oil and sea salt at 400 for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 1 hour.
4. Rind one Meyer lemon and extract juice
5. Grate enough ginger to make it for 1 1/2 tbsp.
6. Place butternut squash, pears, Meyer lemon rind and ginger in food processor, pic. 4
7. Process all ingredients until they are pureed, pic. 5
8. Add hazelnut milk, pic. 8 and process again until creamy, pic. 9
9. Place soup in a bowl and garnish with crushed pistachios and a drizzle of olive oil
10. You can enjoy this soup cold or hot (warm up the soup in a saucepan for a few minutes).
Chef Ellie Lavender
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Copyright © 2018 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.