Organic Roasted Rainbow Carrots, Golden Beets and Parsnips (great substitutes for potatoes) are full of flavors, delicious, nutritious and simply divine. This is a very delightful recipe for lunch or dinner, lovely by itself, and even lovelier over a bed of saffron-lemon millet pilaf or mixed greens. Pour a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and olive oil dressing (prepare the dressing a few minutes before serving the meal so that it will stay fresh) over the veggies with the pilaf or the mixed green right before serving it. Additionally, a glass of Pinot Noir will complement this dish beautifully.
Ingredients (serving size 4-6):
1 pound rainbow carrots
1 Pound parsnips
1/2 Pound golden beets
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tsp. Moroccan spice Zaatar (Cost Plus sells it)
1/2 Tsp. sea salt
1/2 Cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. (the high temperature ensures that the veggies will cook quickly, stay crispy outside and tender inside).
2. Peel carrots, beets and parsnips. Wash and damp dry to remove moisture. Cut into 2 inch strips.
3. In a bowl mix veggies with sea salt, lemon juice, Zaatar spice and olive oil until lightly coated.
4. Spread the veggies evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Copyright © 2011-2017 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.