2016 Pinot Noir
Greetings Focaccia Bread Lovers!
If you love Focaccia bread as much as I do, you’ll love making and enjoying this Simple, Delicious, Savory and Yeast-Free Herbes de Provence Focaccia Bread with Artichoke Pesto or Pistou de Roquette (arugula pesto), Olives, Capers and Rainbow Cherry Tomatoes toppings or any other toppings to your liking!
This delicious Focaccia bread is flavorful and very easy to make with ingredients you most probably already have in your pantry and herbs in your garden!
Kids would definitely love this Focaccia bread and by getting them involved in the making, you'll inspire the delicious joy of cooking in them, so let’s get started with the recipe!
Focaccia Bread Dough
Ingredients (serving size 6):
2 Cups white spelt flour
1/3 Tsp. sea salt
1 1/4 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. dried herbes de Provence
1/4 Cup olive oil
2/3 Cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Add flour, sea salt, baking powder and herbes de Provence in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix on the lowest setting with the dough hook attachment 2-3 time, pic 1.
3. Add olive oil and water to dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
4. Knead the mixture on the lowest setting with the dough hook attachment until it forms a round shape dough, 3-5 minutes, pic. 2.
5. Transfer the dough on a floured surface.
6. Roll out the dough and shape by hands into a large rectangle until the dough is about 1/2-inch thick.
7. Transfer the dough on a flat baking pan lined with parchment paper, pic. 3.
8. if you do not have a stand mixer, follow steps 2 & 3, mix the ingredients with a hand mixer until it forms a round shape dough and then transfer on a floured surface and follow steps 6 & 7.
9. Bake the dough in the middle rack preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until the crust is golden.
10. Remove the dough from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack and set aside, pic. 4.
1 Cup rainbow cherry tomatoes
1 Tsp. capers
1/3 Cup French green olives
1/4 Tsp. dried herbes de Provence
1 Tsp. olive oil
A pinch of sea slat
3. Spread a generous layer of Artichoke Pesto on Focaccia bread, pic. 5.
4. Arrange halved cherry tomatoes, olives and capers over the artichoke pesto, pic. 6.
enjoy this delicious Focaccia Bread as a meal by itself, with soup, salad,
as an appetizer, for breakfast with a cup of espresso and
Perfect by itself, but even better with a glass of beautifully aged California red wine, the Chalone Vineyard Estate Grown 2016 Pinot Noir (plummy, spicy and tart with a core of acidity and oaky finish).
Get creative with your Focaccia Bread and turn it into Food art!
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Join my network on Facebook & Instagram to
receive recipes and information
on upcoming chocolate, culinary & wine pairing classes, and special events!
Copyright © 2020 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.