Beautifully roasted vegetables are delicious, highly nutritious and easy to make. You can enjoy them by themselves, with lemon-saffron millet pilaf or on mixed-greens with a glass of Pinot Noir. You can also make open-faced sandwiches with ciabatta, frances or whole grains breads. Pesto spread and cheese (dairy or nondairy) will make your sandwich even more delicious!
2 medium fennel
A handful of asparagus
3 Small golden beets
A handful of dried Morello cherries
1/4 Cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
1/4 Cup olive oil
1 Tsp. Herbes de Provence
1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Fennel - cut off the root end and discard. Then cut the round white bulb away from the green stalks. Next, cut the bulb lengthwise into quarters.
3. Asparagus - take the end of the asparagus between your thumb and forefinger and bend until it breaks to get rid of the woody parts.
4. Golden beets – peel, wash, pad dry and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
5. Place vegetables in a large bowl. Add olive oil, sea salt and herbs de Provence. Gently toss to combine.
6. Arrange vegetables on a baking pan or sheet like the picture above.
7. Sprinkle the hazelnuts and Morello cherries.
8. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the golden beets are tender.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Chef Ellie Lavender
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor
on upcoming chocolate, culinary & wine pairing classes, and special events!
Copyright © 2019 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.