Rainbow Carrots Strips - Pic. 1
Greetings Hummus Lovers!
If you love hummus as much as I do, you'll enjoy this wonderful, yummy and healthy recipe!
Delicious roasted rainbow carrots and the heavenly garam masala spice make this hummus simply amazing. So many ways to enjoy this delicious hummus, as spread on veggie wraps, sandwiches, flatbread and even as a creamy pasta sauce.
Kids would love it too and it’s a great way to add veggies such as carrots in their foods.
You can also, put it a jar, take it with you to work or give it to family and friends as a present: Heavenly Hummus in a Jar (pic. 4).
Organic Ingredients (serving size 6:
1 Bunch rainbow carrots
1 Can garbanzo beans
3 Garlic cloves
1 Tsp. garam masala
1/2 Cup olive oil (divide olive oil portion into 2 parts, 1) for roasting carrots & 2) add the rest to the mixture
1/2 Tsp. ground cumin
1/3 Tsp. Sea salt
1. Peel rainbow carrots, wash, pad dry with paper towel and cut them into strips (pic. 1), drizzle olive oil, sprinkle sea salt, ground cumin and roast at 400 for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans
3. Crush garlic cloves on a cutting board and peel the skins
4. Place roasted rainbow carrots, garbanzo beans, garlic, olive oil and garam masala (pic. 2) in a food processor and Process until the mixture looks coarse (pic.3).
5. Put the hummus in a bowel and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, a touch of garam masala and a few Meyer lemon rinds (pic.5)
This lovely hummus is wonderful by itself, but even better with a glass of red wine.
Chef Ellie Lavender
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Culinary & Wine Pairing Instructor