This lovely Spring-Summer Mediterranean salad is delicious, refreshing and very easy to make. You can always substitute the rainbow carrots with fennel and cucumber or any other veggies to your liking. This wonderful salad is perfect by itself, but beautifully complemented with a glass of red wine.
Ingredients: (serving size 4).
1 Cup French black lentil beans
1 Bunch rainbow carrots
1 Meyer lemon
1 Tsp. Herbes de Provence
2 Tbsp. Meyer lemon juice
1 Tsp. Meyer lemon rinds
1/4 Cup olive oil
1/5 Tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1. Place lentils in a medium saucepan, pour 2 cups hot water and soak for 30 minutes
2. Cook lentils in the soaked water for 30 minutes until the water is evaporated.
3. Let aside to cool for an hour
4. Peel and dice rainbow carrots, pic. 2
5. Thinly slice the scallions and add to the diced carrots, pic. 2
5. Add herbes de Provence, chopped cilantro and a pinch of sea salt to lentils and gently mix them
6. Put the lentils on a plate and sprinkle the diced carrots and scallions over them
7. Drizzle the olive oil and Meyer lemon juice over them and garnish with Meyer lemon rinds
Optional: you can also add some crumbled feta cheese to make this salad even more delicious!
Chef Ellie Lavender
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Copyright © 2018 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.