The glorious Persimmons are in abundance and with a touch of organic culinary lavender flowers, they'll make a heavenly tart! This is a very delicious and delightful tart, absolutely divine by itself, though lovelier with a shot of espresso, a glass of pinot noir or both. Additionally, this beautiful tart makes a great dessert for holidays. For culinary lavender tips, please click here.
Tart Dough Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup spelt pastry flour (or 1 cup flour & 1/2 cup almond meal, which will make the tart’s dough very light and crispy)
1/2 Tsp. dried organic culinary lavender flower (grind the lavender flowers coarsely using a spice grinder)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tsp. orange zest
1 stick of cold sweet butter cut into 1/4-inch pieces (vegan or dairy butter)
1/3 cup cold fresh orange juice
1/5 Tsp. sea salt
Tart Dough Instructions: Combine spelt pastry flour, orange zest, lavender flowers, sea salt and sugar in a food processor and pulse 3 times. Add in the cold sweet butter and pulse a few more times until it forms a coarse texture. Gradually, add in the cold orange juice and pulse until lightly moistened. Gather up the dough and knead 2 or 3 times. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Tart Filling Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. lavender or orange blossom honey
1/2 Tsp. organic lavender flowers
4 medium Fuyu persimmons, thinly sliced (1/4 inch) by mandolin slicer
1 Tbsp. orange rind
2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out the Tart dough about 9.5’ x 13.5’ in diameter (my rectangular tart pan size is 8.5’ x 12.5’, so the dough should be 1’ inch bigger than the tart pan).
- Transfer the dough to the tart pan. With your hands mold though around the edges of the tart pan. Pic 1
- Arrange sliced persimmons on the though and brush generously with melted butter. Pic 2
- Sprinkle crushed raw pistachios and lavender flowers on the persimmons. Pic 3
- Bake until the crust is nicely golden for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the tart from oven and drizzle lavender or orange blossom honey over it. Pic. 4
- Let the tart cool for 30 minutes and garnish with orange rind. Pic. 5
- You can also sprinkle a few fleur de sel, which will make the tart tangy and sweet.
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Copyright © 2017 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.