Greetings Dessert Lover!
Apples and cranberries are a delightful combination, and adding organic culinary lavender flowers makes them even more wonderful. This is a vegan and gluten-free tart recipe. I recently discovered substituting butter with olive oil makes my recipes even better.
Click here for culinary lavender tips!
3 Medium apples: washed, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch cubes. I used Pacific Rose Organic Apples, because they are sweet-tangy and make the tart even more delightful.
1/2 Cup fresh cranberries
1/2 Tsp. Meyer lemon zest
1/3 Cup honey
1 /2 Tsp. lavender flowers
1 Cup toasted slivered almonds
1 1/2 Cup instant oats
1/2 Cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees
2. Sauté apples with olive oil (2 Tbsp.) on medium heat for 5 minutes, add cranberries, honey and Meyer lemon zest. Stir gently and put the mixture aside.
3. Process half of the almond in a food processor until coarsely chopped, add the oats, and process for another couple of minutes, transfer to a bowl, add olive oil and mix with hands.
4. Place the mixture in a tart shell and press it down to semi-firm
5. Spread the apples and cranberry mixture over the tart, sprinkle the rest of the almonds and lavender flowers.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and let it cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Enjoy it with a glass of wine, a cup of tea, coffee, a scoop of vanilla gelato or just by itself.
Happy Baking & Happy Holidays!
Vegan Mediterranean Personal Chef
Lavender Design + Cuisine
Copyright © 2017 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.