Take a trip to Provence, the land of heavenly lavender!
The heavenly pears are always in abundance and with a hint of organic culinary lavender flowers they make a delightful tartlet! This is a very lovely recipe, absolutely divine by itself, though lovelier with a shot of espresso, a glass of pinot noir or scoop of vanilla gelato.
Additionally, a perfect alternative in place of pumpkin pie for the Thanksgiving holiday festivities, which your family and friends might greatly enjoy!
Tartlet Pastry Dough Ingredients (6 tartlets, Pic. 5, tartlet pan size 5x5'):
1. 1 1/2 cup spelt pastry flour (or 1 cup flour & 1/2 cup almond meal)
2. 1/2 Tsp. dried organic culinary lavender flower
3. 2 Tbsp. sugar
4. 1 Tsp. Meyer lemon or lemon rind
5. 1 stick of cold sweet butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces (vegan or dairy butter)
6. 1/4 cup cold water
7. 1/3 Tsp. sea salt
Tartlet Pastry Dough Instructions: Place spelt pastry flour, lemon rind, lavender flowers, sugar and in a food processor and pulse 3 times. Add in the cold sweet butter and pulse a few more times until it forms a coarse texture. Gradually, add in the cold water and pulse lightly until lightly moistened. Transfer the dough on a lightly floured board, flatten and then roll out until the dough is about 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes, Then take it out of the fridge, place the tartlet pan on the dough and with sharp knife cut around it. Place the dough in the tartlet pan, press down with your finger until the dough forms the shape of the tartlet pan, pic. 3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Tartlet Filling Ingredients:
1. Two Tbsp. sugar
2. One Tsp. dried organic lavender flowers
3. Three large firm pears (Bartlett pears preferred) , sliced into 1/4-inch wedges or use mandolin
4. Pour half of lemon juice over the pear to prevent the pear from coloring brown
Tartlet Making Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Arrange pears on the dough (pic 4).
5. Sprinkle with sugar, a few lavender flowers (pic 4).
7. Bake until the crust is nicely golden for about 30-35 minutes (pics. 1 & 2).
8. Let the tartlets cool, garnish with the lavender petals and enjoy.
Copyright © 2017 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.