Take a trip to Provence! Make a Plum Lavender Galette!
Plums and lavender are in abundance and together they make a heavenly galette! This is a very lovely Summer recipe, absolutely divine by itself, though lovelier with a shot of espresso, a glass of pinot noir or both.
Galette Dough Ingredients:
1. 1 1/2 cup spelt pastry flour (or 1 cup flour & 1/2 cup almond meal)
2. 1/2 Tsp. organic culinary lavender flower dried or fresh
3. 2 Tbsp. sugar
4. 1 Tsp. Meyer lemon or lemon rind
5. 5 Tbsps. cold sweet butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces (vegan or dairy butter)
6. 1/4 cup cold water
Galette Dough Instructions: Place spelt pastry flour, lemon rind, lavender flowers and sugar in a food processor and pulse 3 times. Add in the cold sweet butter and pulse a few more times until it forms a coarse texture. Gradually, add in the cold water and pulse lightly until moistened. Place dough on a flat board and knead 2 or 3 times. Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Pic 1.
1. 2 Tbsp. sugar
2. 1 Tsp. fresh or dried organic lavender flowers
3. 7 large firm plums (I used pluot plums) , sliced into 1/4-inch wedges or use mandolin
4. 1 Tbsp. Meyer lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take out the dough from fridge and transfer it onto a baking sheet.
4. Arrange plums on the dough (pic 2).
5. Fold the 1.5-inch border of the dough over the plums and pleating together (pic 3).
6. Sprinkle the galette with sugar, lavender flowers, lemon rind and a few pieces of butter (pic 3).
7. Bake until the crust is nicely golden for about 35-40 minutes (pic 4).
8. Let the galette cool, garnish with the lavender petals and enjoy.
Chef Ellie Lavender
Copyright © 2011-2017 Lavender Design + Cuisine, All rights reserved.