Take a trip to Provence, the land of heavenly lavender!
Peach and lavender are in abundance in the summer and together they make a heavenly galette! This is a lovely Summer dessert recipe, absolutely divine by itself and even more enjoyable with a shot of espresso or a glass of pinot noir.
Galette Dough Ingredients:
1. 1 cup spelt pastry flour
2. 1 cup almond meal
3. 1/2 Tsp. organic culinary lavender flower dried or fresh
4. 2 Tbsp. sugar
5. 1 Tsp. Meyer lemon or lemon rind
6. 5 Tbsps. cold sweet butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces
7. 1/3 cup ice water.
Galette Dough Instructions: Place spelt pastry flour, almond meal, lemon rind, lavender flowers and sugar in a food processor and pulse 3 times. Add in the cold sweet butter and pulse a few more times until it forms a coarse texture. Gradually, add in the cold water and pulse lightly until moistened. Place dough on a flat board and knead 2 or 3 times. Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Pic 1.
1. 2 Tbsp. sugar
2. 1 Tsp. fresh or dried organic lavender flowers
3. 6 Semi-ripe medium peaches, sliced into 1/4-inch wedges
4. 2 Tsp. Meyer lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out the galette dough about 14 inches in diameter & transfer to a baking sheet.
4. Arrange peaches and sprinkle Meyer lemon rinds (pic 2).
5. Fold the 2-inch border of the dough over the peaches and pleating together (pic 3).
6. Sprinkle the galette with sugar and lavender flowers (pic 3).
7. Bake until the crust is nicely golden for about 35-40 minutes (pic 4).
8. Let the galette cool, garnish with the lavender sprigs and enjoy.