A Valentine’s Day gift made with love. There’s nothing quite like making a special gift made with organic, healthy ingredients and ton of love. This lovely Lavender Meyer Lemon Madeleines are absolutely divine and very easy to make.
Chef Ellie Lavender
Ingredients: Makes about 15 madeleines.
1. 1/2 cup spelt pastry flour
2. 1/2 cup almond meal flour
3. 1/2 stick unsalted butter
4. 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
5. 1 tablespoon lemon zest
6. 1 tablespoon sugar
7. 1 tablespoons of organic dried culinary lavender (finely chopped)
8. 1/2 cup of almond milk
9. 2 tablespoons spelt pastry flour
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
3. Prepare the madeleine pan by brushing melted butter into the molds with a pastry brush. Then, dust the molds with flour (the 2 tablespoons, no. 9), tap to remove excess flour.
4. In a bowl, combine spelt pastry flour, almond meal flour, sugar, lemon zest, and culinary lavender and lightly mix with a fork.
5. Add almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter. Mix with a fork until the ingredients are well combined.
6. Use a tablespoon to place 2 tablespoons of the batter in the Madeleines’ mold.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of the madeleines spring back when touched.
8. Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack to cool by inverting the pan. Let them cool for 10 minutes before enjoying it.
9. Let them cool for an hour before packaging it as a gift.
Copyright 2017, Lavender Design + Cuisine