Pears are delicious, nutritious and with a touch of culinary lavender and orange zest, they make a heavenly dessert, breakfast or snack.
| PEAR LAVENDER PARFAIT RECIPE |
| INGREDIENTS | Serves 4 to 6.
2 Large Bartlett pears
2 Small orange
2 Cups yogurt. Plain organic dairy yogurt or non-dairy (vegan) almond milk yogurt are the best. Coconut milk yogurt overpowers the aroma of culinary lavender and not recommended.
2 Tbsp. Organic culinary lavender
1/2 Cup crystallized orange
| DIRECTIONS |
1. Slice the pears in half, lengthwise.
2. Remove the core using a melon baller or a teaspoon
3. Cut pears into half-inch cubes
4. Put the pears in a frying pan.
5. Zest and juice one of the oranges and add them to the pears.
6. Grind ½ Tsp. of the culinary and add to the pear mixture.
7. Over medium heat sauté the pear mixture for about 10 minutes until they are lightly tender.
8. Remover from the heat and let is cool for a few minutes.
9. Chop crystalized into small pieces.
10. In a medium bowl mix together yogurt, zest and juice the other orange (only half of the juice, you can add more if needed. The yogurt mixture should be creamy and not runny) and 1/2 Tsp, of the lavender (grinded).
11. In a glass or a bowl put one spoon of pear mixture, one spoon of yogurt mixture and repeat the same once, so that there will be 4 layers of pear and yogurt mixtures. Sprinkle the top with few lavender flowers and crystallized orange pieces.
Refrigerate for an hour before serving.