Apples and cranberries are a delightful combination, and adding organic culinary lavender flowers makes them even more wonderful. This is a vegan and gluten-free tart recipe. I recently discovered substituting butter with olive oil makes my recipes even better.
Ingredients (all organic):
- 3 medium apples (washed, peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen/raw cranberries
- 1 Tsp. Meyer lemon zest
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 /2 Tsp. lavender flowers
- cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup instant oats
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees
- Sauté apples with olive oil (2 Tbsp.) on medium heat for 5 minutes, add cranberries, honey and Meyer lemon zest. Stir gently and put the mixture aside.
- Process half of the almond in a food processor until coarsely chopped, add the oats, and process for another minute, transfer to a bowl, add olive oil and mix with hands.
- Place the mixture in a tart shell and press it down to semi-firm
- Spread the apples and cranberry mixture over the tart, sprinkle the rest of the almonds and lavender flowers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and let it cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee and a scoop of vanilla gelato or just by itself.