Persimmons are in abundance and with a touch of organic culinary lavender they'll make a heavenly galette! This is a very lovely autumn recipe, absolutely divine by itself, though lovelier with a shot of espresso, a glass of pinot noir or both.
Galette Dough Ingredients:
1. 1 1/2 cup spelt pastry flour
2. 1 Tsp. organic culinary lavender flower
3. 2 Tbsp. sugar
4. 1 Tbsp. orange rind
5. 1/3 orange juice
6. 5 Tbsps. cold sweet butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces (vegan version use Earth Balance butter)
Galette Dough Instructions: In a bowl mix spelt pastry flour, orange rind, lavender flowers and sugar. Add in the cold sweet butter and with your hands mix in the butter until it resemble a coarse meal texture. Add orange juice to the mixture and mix lightly until moistened. Gather up the dough and knead 2 or 3 times. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
1. 2 Tbsp. sugar
2. 1 Tsp. organic lavender flowers
3. 3 medium fuyu persimmons, thinly sliced by mandoline
4. 1 Tsp. orange rind
5. 1 Tbsp. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out the galette dough about 14 inches in diameter. Pic. 1
3. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet.
4. Arrange sliced persimmons on the though. Pic 2
5. Fold the 1-inch border of the dough over the persimmons and pleating together. Pic 3
6. Sprinkle the galette with sugar, lavender flowers. Brush generously with the melted butter. Pic 3
7. Bake until the crust is nicely golden for about 35-45 minutes. Pic 4
8. Let the galette cool, garnish with the lavender petals, drizzle a tbs of honey and enjoy.
Copyright 2016, Lavender Design + Cuisine