Take a trip to Provence! Make a Plum Lavender Galette!
Plum and lavender are in abundance and together they make a heavenly galette! This is a very lovely late summer recipe, absolutely divine by itself, though lovelier with a shot of espresso, a glass of pinot noir or both.
Galette Dough Ingredients:
1. 1 1/2 cup spelt pastry flour
2. 1/2 Tsp. organic culinary lavender flower dried or fresh
3. 2 Tbsp. sugar
4. 1 Tsp. Meyer lemon or lemon rind
5. 5Tbsps. cold sweet butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces
6. 1/3 cup ice water
Galette Dough Instructions: In a bowl mix spelt pastry flour, lemon rind, lavender flowers and sugar. Add in the cold sweet butter and with your hands mix in the butter until it resemble a coarse meal texture. Drizzle the cold water over the dough and mix lightly until moistened. Gather up the dough and knead 2 or 3 times. Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
1. 2 Tbsp. sugar
2. 1 Tsp. fresh or dried organic lavender flowers
3. 7 medium unripe plums, sliced into 1/4-inch wedges (use mandolin if you have one)
4. 2 Tsp. Meyer lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out the galette dough about 14 inches in diameter & transfer to a baking sheet.
4. Arrange plums and sprinkle Meyer lemon rinds (pic 1).
5. Fold the 1.5-inch border of the dough over the plums and pleating together (pic 2).
6. Sprinkle the galette with sugar and lavender flowers (pic 2).
7. Bake until the crust is nicely golden for about 35-40 minutes (pic 3).
8. Let the galette cool, garnish with the lavender petals and enjoy.
Copyright 2016, Lavender Design + Cuisine