Bartlett pear and lavender are in abundance and they make a heavenly tart! This is a very lovely summer recipe, absolutely divine by itself, though lovelier with a shot of espresso, a cup of earl grey tea, a glass of pinot noir wine, or lemon gelato.
1. 3 large Bartlett pears
2. 3/4 cup heavy cream
4. 1 1/2 cup spelt pastry flour
5. 1 1/4 stick sweet butter
6. 5 Tbsp. sugar
7. 1 Tsp. Meyer lemon zest
8. 1/2 Tsp. Meyer lemon juice
8. 1/4 Tsp. organic culinary lavender petals (finely chopped)
9. 1/4 Tsp. organic culinary lavender petals to sprinkle on the bottom of the pan
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Melt 1 stick of sweet butter and let it cool for 10 minutes
3. In a bowl, mix spelt pastry flour, 3 Tbsp. sugar, 1/4 Tsp. finely chopped organic culinary lavender, Meyer lemon zest, juice and cooled butter. Stir gently and put aside.
5. Use some of the 1/4 butter left to cover a tart or cheesecake pan, sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1/4 lavender petals.
6. Wash the pears, cut in half, removes the center and thinly slice. Arrange the pears on the bottom of the pan, like pic 1.
7 7. Cut the remaining of the 1/4 butter into small pieces and scatter over the pears, pic. 1
8. Pour the wet ingredients over the pear (pic 2.) and bake for about 15-18 minutes. Once the top is a lightly golden (Pic.3), remove from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes.
10. Use a soft knife to separate the tart from the pan and flip it over on a dish, like Pic 4.
Vegetarian Mediterranen Chef